Get to know the birds of the Tagus Estuary in a charming experience!
What to expect on a Birdwatching Tour?
Make the most of this Birdwatching experience using all your senses and get to know the details of the Tagus Estuary Natural Reserve. We will explain where the Special Protected Zones are (Natura 2000) along this wide wetland.
Therefore, we will be able to find resident bird species, wintering, migratory breeders or simply passing migratory.
The best time to observe Birds is from September to May, which is when some species arrive and others leave. For this, ornithologist will give more detailed information on the migration phenomena in this important wetland, here at the Iberian Peninsula. Meanwhile you will get into the Estuary in just a couple of minutes. Wildlife can be seen so close to Lisbon.
From Great Flamingos, to Glossy Ibis, Spoonbils, Oyster catchers or Ospreys, get to know the secrets of the Tagus Estuary as close as possible to wildlife.
Because Birdwatching activity is a growthing market for nature lovers, we have prepared some experiences in bird hotspots for Ornithologists. You might also want to join us on a monthly Seabird watching tour with Chum.
Pratical information about the Birdwatching Tour
Departure: Gate 3 – Doca de Santo Amaro
Duration: 2 hours
Schedule: 10am to 12pm (may vary with the tides)
Prices: Normal ticket: 40€ / Children from 4 to 11 years: 25 €
Minimum per tour: 4 people
What is included
- Fees & fuel
- Multi-language tour (Portuguese, English, French, Italian and Spanish)
Our crew if fully committed to give you best experience. Here you have a few recommendations before departing:
- Bring suitable clothes (we suggest a warm jacket) and comfortable shoes.
- Consider using sunglasses and always sun screen. In short, the sun reflects the water and you can easily get sun burns.
- Because the Estuary is totaly dependent on tides, and mud flats can stay exposed, we always select the best time for departure.
- Bring a camera or your binoculars
- Check-in 15 minutes before